Saturday 10 May 2014

Is Two Faced's Mascara Really 'Better Than Sex'?

I received a questionable look as my boyfriend caught sight of the metallic pink cylindrical tube with "BETTER THAN SEX" marked across it's body. This mascara definitely stands out amongst my collection in terms of packing but does it fair the same in terms of it's quality? 


I usually stay away from high-end mascaras because I think drug-store mascaras do an equally good job. Moreover, mascaras have a relatively short life-span as compared to other cosmetic items, as such splurging on a mascara that will only last a couple of months always seems illogical (not that splurging on make-up in general is awfully logical!). 

All that said, I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying what Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara is doing for my lashes. I love the look of long voluminous lashes and to be honest if I could deal with the maintenance, I would probably constantly have lash extensions or fake lashes on. But alas, I'm much to lazy for that and that's where this mascara comes in. It is amazing! I didn't want to believe the hype, I didn't want to cave and fall in love but it just happened. 

What you need to know...

The PROS
> It's build-able without being clumpy. This formula allows me to touch-up without getting spidery lashes. So if you're a little OCD like me or you just feel like a little pick-me-up through out the day, just give them lashes a quick curl and then add a fresh coat of this mascara on top!
> It's lusciously black 
> In two coats, my none existent lashes are not only longer and thicker, but they are curled! The magical shape of the brush lifts my limp Asian lashes into a curve and saves me from using an eyelash curler.
> If you do use a lash curler, it holds a curl beautifully despite my highly annoying mono-lids trying to force them back down! 

> It does not smudge or transfer.
> This is a non-waterproof formula so it is easy to take off at the end of the day with a basic cleaner or make up remover.

The CONS
> With a price tag of $31.95AUD it's a steep price to pay for a mascara.
> You do need to work with it. For me one coat isn't quiet enough to achieve the amazing affects this mascara has to offer, so you have to play around with it a little and build up the layers. 
>The brush is a little big for my eyes, meaning I do have to be a little bit more careful on application. 
> Again this is not a waterproof mascara, which make be a deal break for some of you out there. This is personally not a problem for me because I don't usually gravitate towards water resistant formulas anyways. 









Verdict 

Although this mascara is not without it's flaws, it's pros far outweigh its few cons. I can tell you for sure I will be repurchasing this mascara despite it's somewhat steep price point because I just cannot get over the amazing length, volume and curl this mascara gives me! It manages to hold a curl against my mono-lids without making my lashes stiff and 'crunchy'. 

I've always been a eye-liner daily kind of girl because my lashes have always looked limp and fairly non-existent even with mascara. The only way I felt I could actually define my eyes was with eyeliner. Since I've started using this mascara I have stopped wearing eyeliner on weekdays! If I can save a couple of minutes in the mornings when I'm frantically getting ready for work, then I'm all for that. The mascara alone manages to define and bring out my eyes without the help of any other eye make-up! The results speak for themselves (pictures below) and to me, it's 100% worth the investment. 

As to whether this mascara is really better than sex? I think I'll let you guys decide on that one on your own ;) 


Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment